www.mapsted.com/legal/privacy-policy will apply to our processing of the data we collect via cookies.
Cookies are small text files that are stored on your browser or device by websites, apps, online media, and advertisements that are used to remember your browser or device during and across website visits.
We also utilize other technologies that may identify you or the devices you use, such as:
- Pixel tags. Pixel tags (also called beacons) are small blocks of code installed on (or called by) a webpage, app, or advertisement which can retrieve certain information about your device and browser, which may include for example: device type, operating system, browser type and version, website visited, time of visit, referring website, IP address, and other similar information, including the small text file (the cookie) that uniquely identifies the device. Pixels provide the means by which third parties can set and read browser cookies from a domain that they do not themselves operate and collect information about visitors to that domain, typically with the permission of the domain owner.
- Sessions. A session creates a file in a temporary directory on the server where registered session variables and their values are stored. A session ends when the user closes the browser or after leaving the site, the server will terminate the session after a predetermined period of time, commonly 30 minutes duration.
- Local Storage. Local storage refers generally to other places on a browser or device where information can be stored by websites, ads, or third parties (such as HTML5 local storage and browser cache).
For avoidance of doubt, when this policy refers to “cookies”, such is construed as referring also to sessions, local storage and other similar technologies, if applicable.
Advertising Synchronization & Relevancy
Mapsted may employ advertising services to be provided through the Services.
If this is the case, in order to facilitate the most relevant ads possible, Mapsted works with various service providers who assist us in delivering similar ads to end users across devices and platforms. For example, we work with advertising services to provide you with relevant ads based on your Mapsted activity. We may also use service providers to provide you with a similar ad on a mobile website or mobile application as with a traditional website ad.
You have the right to choose whether or not to accept cookies, sessions or local storage. However, they are an important part of how our Services work, so you should be aware that if you choose to refuse or remove cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of the Services, even in their entirety.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. To do so, please follow the instructions provided by your browser which are usually located within the “Help” or “Preferences” menu.
For further information about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set on your device and how to manage and delete them, you can visit https://youradchoices.com/ and www.youronlinechoices.eu for EU visitors.
For mobile users, you have controls in your device operating system that enables you to choose whether to allow cookies. For information on controlling your mobile choices, you can visit www.networkadvertising.org/mobile-choices.
To help control or block certain ads in mobile applications, you may choose to download and utilize the DAA mobile app, https://youradchoices.com/appchoices.
Types of cookies
The following list sets out the different categories of cookies that our Services may use and why we may use them. Such list is intended merely as illustrative and should not be viewed as a comprehensive list.
- Strictly necessary cookies. These cookies (including local storage, sessions and similar technologies) are essential to enable your use of the site or services, such as assisting with your account login, so we can show you the appropriate experience and features such as your account information, trip history, and to edit your account settings. They may also provide authentication, site security, and help localize the language based on the geography of your visit.
- Advertising. These cookies and pixels are used to deliver relevant ads, track email marketing or ad campaign performance and efficiency. For example, we and our ad partners may rely on information gleaned through these cookies to serve you ads that may be interesting to you on other websites. Similarly, our partners may use a cookie, attribution service or another similar technology to determine whether we’ve served an ad and how it performed or provide us with information about how you interact with them.
- Mobile Specific. These service providers use various technologies to deliver relevant mobile ads, track mobile marketing or mobile ad campaign performance and efficiency.
Cookies help us provide, protect and improve the Services, such as by personalizing content, tailoring and measuring ads, and providing a safer experience. While the cookies that we use may change from time to time as we improve and update the Services, we use them for the following purposes:
Where are cookies stored?